If someone told me when I started blogging that I would make almost $500 in my 4th month of blogging, I wouldn’t have believed it.
I guess it’s the proof that hard work and dedication do pay off.
My goal this month was to earn $420, but the truth is, I had absolutely no idea of what to expect.
I didn’t really think that I would reach my monthly goal. Like, at all.
So I let you imagine my face the day I reached it, and my face afterward when I exceeded it!
Why Am I Publishing My Income Report Each Month?
I have always been told, “small blogs can’t make money”. I’m sure you’ve heard that too, it is a common belief among the blogging community that small bloggers shouldn’t expect to make a dime from their blog. Bullshit.
There are tons of ways to make money with your blog from day 1, and having a small blog shouldn’t keep you from using any of them.
In other words, I think publishing my income report is definitely motivating, for me and for you.
I think that seeing small bloggers like me making money from their blog can be a great source of inspiration for others, kinda like a way to tell them not to give up on their goals because this is possible, not matter what people say.
Secondly, this is a good way for me keep track of my process and sort what I did right from what I did wrong that month.
It’s not always easy as a blogger to really know what you’re doing and if you’re doing it right. Writing an income report at the end of the month should make this so much clearer. Numbers don’t lie, right?
Top 5 Posts this month:
- How To Start A Lifestyle Blog (So That You Can Make Money From Home (760 views)
- 50 Real Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Bloggers (557 views)
- How To Make Your Own Ripped Jeans (511 views)
- Girl Boss Morning Routine | How To Start Your Day Like A Real Boss (475 views)
- (408 views)
- How I Earned $216.25 In My 3rd Month Of Blogging (396 views)
Total page views in October: 5,896
What I accomplished this month:
- Launched My Fee eCourse: Affiliate Secrets. One of my goals for this month was to create a free ecourse. After numerous demands on how I make money with affiliate marketing, I decided to give you my whole strategy in this 5 days email course. Check it out!
- Quit my job. (yay!) That job was a real pain in the ass. I saved money for a year to be able to quit and focus exclusively on my blog. I kinda feel like it’s a crazy decision since I’m not earning enough from my blog to support myself yet, but at the same time I feel surprisingly serene about it. Have you ever had this feeling that everything was going to work out, even if you don’t have anyway to know that for sure?
Income For October:
Bluehost is my favorite web hosting company. I wanted to be self hosted from the start, and I chose to go with them because they are used by so many pro bloggers. Their customer support always had my back when I needed them, so I can only recommend them. You should definitely go self hosted with them if you want to start a profitable blog.
Shareasale is a big affiliate network. They have partnerships with companies for absolutely every niches, like Joss&Main, Wayfair, Shein, … No matter what your niche is, Shareasale has something for you.
Tailwind is the Pinterest scheduler that I have been using to grow my traffic from Pinterest for months. And it worked pretty well; but that was before I tried another strategy that made me my traffic grow even faster. On October 15th (two weeks ago), I purchased this ebook and my daily traffic already DOUBLED thanks to it. So for me, it’s bye bye Tailwind, and Hello Pinteresting Strategies !
Blog Consulting: $58
I started doing blog consulting last month, for my fellow bloggers who are struggling to grow their blog and income. I’m offering you a full review of your blog, pointing out what is it that you’re doing wrong, and offering you strategies that I use to grow my blog.
My first attempt at using Amazon Affiliate program hasn’t been the greatest, obviously! I’ll admit I didn’t put much effort on this one. I’ll do better next month!
I started using ads to monetize my blog this month, and I’m kinda happy to have done it. I’m excited to see how my ad income will grow in the next months since my traffic keeps growing so fast!
Total Income (before expenses): $498.87
Bluehost: $3.95 (Prepaid annually)
Tailwind: $9.99 (Prepaid annually)
Total Income (after expenses): $484.93
- Focus on building my Newsletter. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, and I’m gonna make this happen this month hopefully! I have been horrible at building my newsletter so far, so this is really something I want to work on.
- Keep growing my Pinterest thanks to Pinteresting Strategies: my Pinterest referral traffic has seen such an amazing growth in just two weeks thanks to the strategies described in this ebook. I’m going to keep using those strategies, and I’m super excited to see how my blog traffic will evolve this month.
- Grow my Facebook group to 575 members: As you may know, I have a Facebook group for badass boss babes. I love this group so much, I love seeing it grow. It’s full of awesome boss ladies supporting each other and growing their blogs together! You can join the group here or read More info about this group here ♥︎
- How To Start A Profitable Lifestyle Blog
- 5 Ways To Boost Your Traffic Like Crazy
- The Free Printable Blog Planner For Ambitious Babes
- 8 Ways To Earn An Income From Your Blog
- 10 Feminine WordPress Themes To Make Your Blog Look Gorgeous
Thank you for reading !
Thank you so much to all of you, who are following the blog, commenting, and sharing my posts.
It truly means the world to me, and I am grateful to all of you guys. Starting a blog is a hell of an adventure, and I’m glad you are all a part of it!
Starting a profitable blog can be really intimidating. But don’t let that stop you! Everybody can do this, I am no superwoman, so if I can do this, you can do it too. Head to this post to create your own profitable blog, all you have to do is follow the steps, it really is simple. I promise!
You can also check out the Ultimate Blogging Resource Libraryto see all of the tools that I’m using to grow my blog and income. Everything is there!
I hope this income report motivated you to grow your blog and income! Let me know in the comments if you are monetizing your blog, and how. I’m curious!
Don’t forget to pin this post!