Hello Foxy is One month old! As I am writing this income report, I can’t believe how fast this month has gone. And at the same time I feel so comfortable with this blog and its community that I feel like I started it 10 years ago.
I thought I knew what to expect this month. I knew that this month wasn’t going to be great, on a financial level. I mean, who makes money with a brand new blog?
And then, it happened. I made my first affiliate sale. Then another one. And another one. My mind was blown, to be honest. And I am now proud to say that I have made over $370 in my first month of blogging. WHAAAT?!
I have always been told, “small blogs can’t make money”. I’m sure you’ve heard that too, it is a common belief among the blogging community that small bloggers shouldn’t expect to make a dime from their blog. Bullshit.
There are tons of ways to make money with your blog (leave a comment if you’d like me to write a post about all the ways you can make money blogging!), and having a small blog shouldn’t keep you from using any of them. If like me you’d like to use affiliate marketing, then check out this list of the best affiliate programs to monetize your blog, and the complete guide to really make money with affiliate marketing!
You might be wondering, why would I ever write a post on my blog income report here.
First of all, this is definitely motivating, for me and for you. One of the things that motivated me to monetize my blog was reading other blogger’s income reports. So if my income reports can motivate you to do the same and finally take that plunge, then, why not?
Secondly, I think this is going to be a good way for me keep track of my process and sort what I did right from what I did wrong that month. It’s not always easy as a blogger to really know what you’re doing and if you’re doing it right. Writing an income report at the end of the month should make this so much clearer. Numbers don’t lie, right?
Finally, it’s really important for me to show you that making money from your blog is possible. Even if your blog is small. I know it can be very easy as a small blogger to feel like earning an income from your blog is some kind of abstract concept that only happens to others. You’re actually going to see through this income report that my blog is far from getting a huge monthly traffic, and that obviously doesn’t stop me from earning a bit of money from it. So if I can do this, you can do it too !
Top 5 Posts this month:
- 5 Ways To Boost Your Traffic Like Crazy (754 views)
- How To Actually Make Money With Affiliate Marketing (747 views)
- How To Start A Money-Making Blog (328 views)
- 50 Real Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Bloggers (324 views)
- The Best Affiliate Programs To Make Money Blogging (307 views)
Total page views in July: 3,791
What I accomplished this month:
Not much, actually! I have been working so hard on launching Hello Foxy successfully that I didn’t work on anything else on the side. I have my blog blog posts planned for the next three months, and I am following my blogging schedule and planning the best I can. It’s not easy when working full time!
Income For July:
Bluehost is my favorite web hosting company. I wanted to be self hosted from the start, and I chose to go with them because they have a great customer service, and are used by so many pro bloggers I have never been disappointed. I definitely recommend for you to go with them if you want to start a profitable blog.
If you haven’t heard of it yet, Awin is an awesome affiliate network. They have Etsy, Missguided, and 6000+ other brands! You will necessarily find some brands that fit to you blog niche in there.
Shareasale is a big affiliate network as well. They have partnerships with companies for absolutely every niches, like Joss&Main, Wayfair, Shein, …
Total Income (before expenses): $378
Bluehost: $3.95 (Prepaid annually)
Tailwind: $9.99 (Prepaid annually)
Total Income (after expenses): $364.06
- Write two posts per week: I am currently writing one post a week, and I would like to try two. I’m going to work this month, so I’ll have plenty of time to work on my blog and create more content! Hopefully this will help Hello Foxy grow.
- Create more freebies for my Newsletter: I have a freebie for my blogging-related audience, but I would love to create more freebies related to fashion and/or lifestyle. Let me know if you have any suggestion!
- Focus on Pinterest thanks to Tailwind: Now that I became totally addicted to Tailwind, I can finally focus on my Pinterest strategy. Pinterest is already my N°1 referrer, and I expect it to be even more beneficial to my blog next month !
- Grow my Facebook group to 600 members: As you may know, I have a Facebook group for badass boss babes. I love this group so much, I would love to see it grow. Please help me with that by joining the group! More info about this group here ♥︎
- How To Actually Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
- How To Start A Lifestyle Blog
- 5 Ways To Boost Your Traffic Like Crazy
- The Free Printable Blog Planner For Ambitious Babes
Thank you for reading !
Thank you so much to all of you, who are following the blog, commenting, and sharing my posts. It truly means the world to me, and I am grateful to all of you guys. Starting a blog is a hell of an adventure, and you are all a part of it.
For those of you who would like to start a profitable blog, I know it can be really intimidating. But don’t let that stop you. Everybody can do this, I am no superwoman, so if I can do this, you can do it too. Head to this post to create your own profitable blog, all you have to do is follow the steps, it really is simple. Leave a link to your blog after you created it with my post, I’d love to see the result of your work !
You can also check out the Ultimate Blogging Resource Library to see all of the tools that I’m using to grow my blog and income. Everything is there!
I hope this income report motivated you to grow your blog and income! Let me know in the comments if you are monetizing your blog, and how. I’m curious!