I can’t believe it’s been two months since I started Hello Foxy. You might have noticed that my income this month is lower than last month, the reason is very simple: I have decided to stop including my Awin commissions in my income reports from now on.
I am going to write a full post on why I have decided to stop including my Awin commissions in my income reports, I have a lot of things to say about this subject to be honest.
Anyway, let’s talk about Agust’s income report for a minute.
I have always been told, “small blogs can’t make money”. I’m sure you’ve heard that too, it is a common belief among the blogging community that small bloggers shouldn’t expect to make a dime from their blog. Bullshit.
There are tons of ways to make money with your blog from day 1, and having a small blog shouldn’t keep you from using any of them. If you’d like to learn how to use affiliate marketing to make money blogging, then check out this list of the best affiliate programs to monetize your blog, and follow the complete guide to really make money with affiliate marketing!
You might be wondering, why would I ever write a post on my blog income report here.
First of all, this is definitely motivating, for me and for you. One of the things that motivated me to monetize my blog was reading other blogger’s income reports. So if my income reports can motivate you to do the same and finally take that plunge, then, why not?
Secondly, I think this is going to be a good way for me keep track of my process and sort what I did right from what I did wrong that month. It’s not always easy as a blogger to really know what you’re doing and if you’re doing it right. Writing an income report at the end of the month should make this so much clearer. Numbers don’t lie, right?
Finally, it’s really important for me to show you that making money from your blog is possible. Even if your blog is small. I know it can be very easy as a small blogger to feel like earning an income from your blog is some kind of abstract concept that only happens to others. You’re actually going to see through this income report that my blog is far from getting a huge monthly traffic, and that obviously doesn’t stop me from earning a bit of money from it. So if I can do this, you can do it too !
Top 5 Posts this month:
- How I Earned Over $370 In My First Month Of Blogging (561 views)
- The Best Affiliate Programs To Make Money Blogging (485 views)
- 50 Real Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Bloggers (299 views)
- Girl Boss Morning Routine | How To Start Your Day Like A Real Boss (257 views)
- How To Start A Lifestyle Blog (238 views)
Total page views in August: 2,956
What I accomplished this month:
- I came up with an actual plan for my blog. Cross fingers for me babes, I’m going to need it!
- Planned two months of blog posts (yay!)
- Moved into a new home. I know, this is not related to blogging at all, except that my office is ten times prettier and you’re probably going to be flooded with photos of it on Instagram.
Income For August:
Bluehost is my favorite web hosting company. I wanted to be self hosted from the start, and I chose to go with them because they have a great customer service, and are used by so many pro bloggers I have never been disappointed. I definitely recommend for you to go with them if you want to start a profitable blog.
Shareasale is a big affiliate network. They have partnerships with companies for absolutely every niches, like Joss&Main, Wayfair, Shein, …
Total Income (before expenses): $203
Bluehost: $3.95 (Prepaid annually)
Tailwind: $9.99 (Prepaid annually)
Total Income (after expenses): $189.06
- Write two posts per week: I am currently writing one post a week, and I would like to try two. I know, I was supposed to do this last month already, but things don’t always go as planned! I really want to start creating more content. Hopefully this will help Hello Foxy grow!
- Create more freebies for my Newsletter: I have a freebie for my blogging-related audience, but I would love to create more freebies related to fashion and/or lifestyle. Let me know if you have any suggestion!
- Focus on Pinterest thanks to Tailwind: Now that I became totally addicted to Tailwind, I can finally focus on my Pinterest strategy. Pinterest is already my N°1 referrer, and I expect it to be even more beneficial to my blog next month !
- Grow my Facebook group to 600 members: As you may know, I have a Facebook group for badass boss babes. I love this group so much, I would love to see it grow. Please help me with that by joining the group! More info about this group here ♥︎
- How To Actually Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
- How To Start A Profitable Lifestyle Blog
- 5 Ways To Boost Your Traffic Like Crazy
- The Free Printable Blog Planner For Ambitious Babes
Thank you for reading !
Thank you so much to all of you, who are following the blog, commenting, and sharing my posts. It truly means the world to me, and I am grateful to all of you guys. Starting a blog is a hell of an adventure, and I’m glad you are all a part of it!
Starting a profitable blog can be really intimidating. But don’t let that stop you! Everybody can do this, I am no superwoman, so if I can do this, you can do it too. Head to this post to create your own profitable blog, all you have to do is follow the steps, it really is simple. I promise!
You can also check out the Ultimate Blogging Resource Library to see all of the tools that I’m using to grow my blog and income. Everything is there!
I hope this income report motivated you to grow your blog and income! Let me know in the comments if you are monetizing your blog, and how. I’m curious!